The following vacancy is currently available at LANDT:
Development Finance Expert (f/m) with substantial Credit Guarantee Expertise
LANDT is looking for a Development Finance Expert with substantial Credit Guarantee Expertise
This position is designed as a project-based external consultancy position to support us in the implementation of different consultancy projects and could eventually transfer into a position as Head of LANDT business development in case of a successful ongoing cooperation. We are looking worldwide for this position. Working remotely is possible if the time zone provides a sufficient overlap with German working hours.
The consultancy position is suiting for an entrepreneurial-minded candidate with a passion for and experience in development finance and creating sustainable impact in economically challenging contexts. The consultant will have a strong focus on implementation of new projects. This position requires involvement in both internal and external aspects of project implementation and – as per the need - acquisition. Internal aspects refer to intense strategic, operational and budgetary work with LANDT management and overall project management. External aspects refer to delivering high-quality results to LANDT’s clients (prominent international institutions).
Your core tasks will include:
Implementation of Projects/Assignments:
- Responsibility for implementation of LANDT’s current and new consulting, technical assistance and external management projects/assignments
- For projects with positions fitting to your expertise, you will be expected to serve in the role of a Team Leader or Senior Expert; for other projects you will be responsible for high-level steering and oversight of projects’ implementation, as a project manager.
- You will be expected to ensure the overall smooth implementation of projects, specifically working on developing and adjusting work plans, coordinating with external and internal stakeholders, ensuring high quality of deliverables, facilitating overall communication within the project-team and with LANDT’s Management
- Cooperating with the LANDT inhouse staff and external resources (consultants).
- You will support with preparation of business reports and preparation of information for different stakeholders.
- Responsibility for adhering to the budget of consultancy projects and pro-active communication with the finance team. You will be responsible for overseeing the financial performance of the projects, ensuring alignment with the initial budgets.
You should have following Qualifications:
- Academic degree, preferably Master’s, in business, economy, finance or another relevant field.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in development finance including relevant projects in developing countries (ideally with a similar profile as LANDT’s partner countries in Central Asia or Sub-Saharan Africa).
- Prior substantial credit guarantee experience.
- Strong project management skills.
- Convincing personality and ability to motivate and inspire teams in different cultural contexts.
- Excellent communication skills (oral and in writing).
- Formidable professional network in the area of international development.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office applications.
- Commitment to and sincere interest in the philosophy and goals of development cooperation.
- Excellent command of English language.
- Proficiency in French is preferred and any other language knowledge is a plus.
Substantial travels to project countries will be required, subject to travel warnings and COVID-19 related restrictions.
Please apply with a cover letter and CV until December 10, 2020 via the link below