LANDT is an international group of aligned companies with a total of 60 staff members and advisors in Germany, Afghanistan and Tajikistan with further support of international consultants. The group is focused on developing Small and Medium Sized Enterprise (SME) finance through designing, setting-up and managing credit guarantee funds and providing technical assistance in challenging environments. LANDT also carries out selected short-term consultancy.
In response to the specific challenges and market failures in its target countries, LANDT has developed tailor-made design elements for its approach to credit guarantee funds that comprise:
- Credit guarantee funds creating a strong strategic match with their primary lending partners, providing hands-on involvement in the lending operations where needed and using a variety of specifically adjusted risk management tools; these interventions generate low loss rates even in relatively risky environments and with lending partners with weak track record;
- Comprehensive technical assistance packages that are dedicated to building from scratch and/or strengthening the SME lending capacity of financial institutions (up- or down-scaling) by setting up SME departments, creating the required policies and procedures, training (class room and on the job, coaching), product development, risk management improvements etc.
LANDT’s philosophy strives to achieve sustainable impact; empowering its partners and the staff (partners’ and own staff) is key in this effort. LANDT’s objectives comprise:
- Enabling progress in a challenging environment. LANDT nurtures growth of the financial sector in frontier, crisis and post-crisis markets by mobilizing and deploying funds effectively and sustainably.
- Local impact through local presence. With the support of donors and investors, LANDT provides both the capital and the services necessary to ensure effective implementation. While lean head offices of the guarantee funds managed by LANDT in Germany are involved in the crucial steps of the guarantee process, provide guidance, supervision and ensure compliance, LANDT’s strong operational units in the target countries cater for the required proximity to the markets and the partners. LANDT remains committed in the long-term.
- Sharing expertise. LANDT develops methods, systems, tools and processes which are scalable and transferable to other countries. This is done with the highest consideration of the specific environment and is fine-tuned accordingly.
LANDT is closely involved in Afghanistan and Tajikistan through ACGF - Afghan Credit Guarantee Foundation and CGFT - Credit Guarantee Fund Tajikistan. While maintaining and expanding its involvement in the two countries, LANDT is actively preparing further expansion.
- LANDT Institutional ProfileThe institutional profile provides an overview of LANDT's mission, its track record and a brief description of LANDT's two main engagements - ACGF - Afghan Credit Guarantee Foundation and CGFT - Credit Guarantee Fund Tajikistan.