There are currently no jobs available at LANDT.
For information about further vacancies, please check this page again later.
Junior Officer – Development Finance (f/m/d) – Full-time
LANDT GmbH (“LANDT”), established in 2013, is a Berlin based development finance consulting and management company with specific focus on providing a full range of services to credit guarantee funds (CGFs), development finance institutions and other clients, specifically in the context of fragile, post-conflict and transitioning countries. CGFs are market friendly interventions to share the risk of MSME lending of financial institutions and thereby facilitate access to finance for MSMEs. LANDT is closely linked with its aligned companies in Germany and Tajikistan. In total more than 75 staff members and consultants in Germany, Tajikistan, Kenya, Italy, and Nigeria are focused on MSME finance and specifically on CGFs in developing countries.
LANDT provides full management services to CGFT – Credit Guarantee Fund Tajikistan GmbH with the support of its Tajik subsidiary. CGFT is funded by prominent European Development Finance Institutions (DFIs) – DEG, OeEB and FMO. LANDT’s managing partners are also acting as board members of ACGF – Afghan Credit Guarantee Foundation with its subsidiary in Afghanistan.
LANDT has been contracted by various development organizations such as the Development Bank of Nigeria, European Fund for Southeast Europe (EFSE), GIZ, IFC, KfW, SANAD Fund for MSME and the World Bank and others to undertake sophisticated consulting and technical assistance assignments. Some of the countries were LANDT’s current and recently concluded engagements include DR Congo, Egypt, Honduras, Moldova, Nigeria and Yemen.
LANDT is looking for a Junior Officer – Development Finance (f/m/d)
This position is designed to support in the various areas of LANDT’s global business development activities in the field of development finance that includes active acquisition of new business, preparing for competitive tendering processes, efforts to expand the pool of external technical consultants, support in the management and implementation of ongoing projects and strategic thinking on tapping into development sector funding sources and stakeholders. This position is suited for a budding development finance professional with an entrepreneurial mindset and a passion for creating sustainable impact in economically challenging contexts.
This position will be based in Berlin, Germany.
Your core tasks
- Identify relevant new business opportunities in the areas of credit guarantee funds, MSME finance and broader ‘access to finance’ related topics.
- Support in the tendering process that include approach to scoping the project, developing list of activities, estimating the required level of effort, preparing workplans, budgeting and support in other planning areas.
- Developing concept notes, providing inputs to project proposals, and undertaking research activities whenever required.
- Support in compiling proposal documents in a structured and timely manner
- Take responsibility for identifying suitable external consultants for projects using in-house recruiting tools.
- Support in project management of various ongoing and new projects
- Provide technical support in implementation of projects.
- Work closely with LANDT’s communication team on aligning external communication material of business development activities
- Master’s degree (or comparable) in business, economy, finance, or another relevant field
- 1+ years of relevant full-time work experience in development finance cooperation with notable time spent on tendering processes. Previous experience of coordinating proposals for any of the international development institutions such as the World Bank Group, KfW, GIZ, DFIs and EU institutions is an advantage.
- Knowledge of procurement processes of international development institutions
- Knowledge of MSME finance topics
- Ability to respond to tight deadlines with effective prioritization among multiple workstreams.
- Desire to take ownership of assigned activities with the ability to work and deliver independently.
- An eye for details, highly structured and willingness to understand nuances and go deeper into topics.
- Outstanding presentation skills with the ability to present complexities in an intelligible manner.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- High level of proficiency in English language. Proficiency in other World Bank working languages is a plus.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office applications.
- Experience working in multicultural and diverse workspaces.
- Competitive remuneration
- Flexible working hours
- Close exposure to prominent international donors, investors, and other development cooperation agencies.
- Opportunity to establish a career in development finance.
To submit your application please proceed to:
Please apply with a cover letter and CV by April 30, 2021.